Entreprenelle, the Cairo-based startup that aims to bridge the gender gap by educating, training and linking women to relevant resources is holding their flagship event ‘She Can’ in Cairo at The Greek Campus on 2nd and 3rd March to talk about women entrepreneurship in the country and beyond. ‘She Can 2018’ which is the second edition of the event in Cairo is their biggest yet and will feature four tracks: education, media, technology, and creative.
‘She Can’ will host more than forty speakers who will take part in different talks, panels, and workshops around leadership, science, technology, sports and lifestyle, and creating the work-life balance.
The two-day event will also host different parallel activities in the exhibition area including live music, one-to-one mentorship sessions for startups and entrepreneurs. For parents with children, there will be a kids area where babysitters will look after them.
‘She Can 2018’ aims to to help women gain exposure to entrepreneurial world and learn from the success stories of those who overcame personal, career, and gender related challenges. The attendees will be able to acquire knowledge from different talks and workshops, engage in activities and engage with like-minded people.
“The main idea behind SHE CAN is to help women and girls understand what entrepreneurship is, the opportunities that lie ahead of them in different fields, and how to transform their ideas into real projects having the required knowledge and experience,” said Rania Ayman, founder of Entreprenelle, Rania Ayman, speaking about the event. “One of the biggest issues that cause a gap in the entrepreneurship field is that women are unaware of the available resources in the market, that’s why in Entreprenelle we act as the link that connects women to all available resources in one place.”
There will be tens of talks and sessions but if you’re a tech startup or into tech startups, you must not miss the following (sessions):
- Amira El-Gharib, the co-founder of Orcas will talk about her entrepreneurial journey and Orcas – Day 1 at 12:50 PM
- Gehad Abdallah, the founder of Mermaid’s session titled ‘The Helping Hand’ – Day 2 at 11:10 AM
- Dalia Ibrahim, CEO of Nahdet Misr that has recently EdVentures, first education focused incubator in the region – Day 2 at 3:40 PM
- Incubators Panel Discussion that will host Dalia Ibrahim, Sandra Farid, Rasha Tantawy and be moderated by Mustafa Sharara – Day 2 at 2:15 PM
- Mustafa Sharara & Sara Seif’s session about ‘Excuse My Content’ – the cool people behind recent very successful video campaign of Wuzzuf – Day 2 at 6:10 PM
You can learn more about the event here.
- ZoodPay acquires Pakistani consumer lending fintech Tez - May 23, 2022
- Colabs raises $3 million seed to make it easy for entrepreneurs and freelancers to build and grow businesses in Pakistan - March 30, 2022
- FlapKap – A fintech revolutionizing e-commerce and SAAS growth in MEA – Launches and completes $1.2 Million fundraise - March 23, 2022