MENAbytes is an online media publication that covers technology and startups from the Middle East & North Africa. Founded in 2017 by Zubair Naeem Paracha, we aim to represent and connect startup community of the region.
With our content reaching hundreds of thousands on social media every month, we’re the leading online startup news outlet from the Middle East & North Africa in terms of social media reach and engagement. We are also the second most popular startup media platform from MENA in terms of the number of monthly visitors and page views.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve been breaking some of the biggest tech stories from the region including exclusive reporting on many startup funding deals from Middle East & North Africa. Some of the biggest exclusive stories we have broken include:
- Stripe is planning Middle East & Africa expansion (Link)
- Noon is preparing for a Q2 2019 launch in Egypt (Link)
- Al Tayyar acquires rest of 40% stake in Saudi OTA Almosafer for ~$19 million, now owns 100% of the company (Link)
- Tajawal’s CEO & CTO leave the company to start their own travel startup, aim to build the first billion dollar company in Islamic economy space (Link)
- Careem plans expansion into digital payments, to launch CareemPay (Link)
- Spotify is coming to MENA, launching in UAE this year (Link)
- Kuwaiti food delivery startup Carriage was acquired for ~$100 million by Delivery Hero (Link)
- Noon’s latest email to its sellers suggests that it could be going live in next few days (Link)
- Namshi’s Faraz Khalid joins Noon as CEO (Link)
- Souq was acquired for $580 million by Amazon (Link)
There are many more but these should be enough to give you some idea.
When writing news, profiling startups or publishing another piece of research or content, we keep three things in mind:
- No Bullshit
- No Gimmicks
- No Clickbait
This doesn’t mean that we don’t make mistakes. It’s obvious that we do. But we’re always open to feedback and critique. Please feel free to send it to zubair [at] menabytes [dot] com. Zubair can also be reached on Twitter.