Uber is back with its UberPITCH campaign that will give aspiring entrepreneurs a chance to pitch their business ideas to investors during an Uber ride. Uber had previously organized similar campaigns in 2015 and 2016 to take 12 entrepreneurs from the region to ArabNet Digital Summit in Dubai.
The campaign this year will offer this unique pitch opportunity to entrepreneurs in 9 cities of the region, including Riyadh, Jeddah, Dubai, Beirut, Amman, Casablanca, Lahore, Islamabad, and Karachi. It’s open only to digital startups that have less than 25 employees and have not raised more $2 million in funding. Here’s how you can apply if you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Download the Uber app for iPhone, Android or Blackberry
- Fill out the UberPITCH application form with the details of your startup
- If you qualify, you will receive a notification via email containing a promocode to use to you to unlock the UberPITCH ride option
- From 12pm – 4pm on 30th September, request UberPITCH for the chance to pitch your idea
- If you don’t secure a pitch on your first attempt, keep trying! Demand will be high.
- Rides are free and will start and end at your pickup location
The selected entrepreneurs from the region will have seven minutes to pitch their idea during the Uber ride with an investor/industry leader who will judge it. They will also share their invaluable feedback about the business idea in next seven minutes of the ride.
The winners will be sponsored by Uber at the ArabNet Digital Summit 2018. The sponsorship will include the production of a one-minute video to pitch their startup, exhibition space, branding and match-up sessions with key industry leaders, who really could help them take their business to the next level.
Latest posts by MB Staff (see all)
- Rush Brush witnesses increased consumer demand during pandemic - September 21, 2020
- Saudi angel groups Riyadh Angels and Najd Angels announce merger - September 14, 2020
- Kuwait’s Boutiqaat looking to raise fresh funds at a valuation of up to $1 billion: report - June 25, 2020