– Masayoshi Son’s SoftBank plans to invest $25 billion in the newly announced $500 billion mega Saudi city NEOM and the Saudi Electricity Company over next three to four years, reported Bloomberg citing sources familiar with the matter.
– According to the report, the investment will come from SoftBank’s $100 billion Vision Fund in which $45 billion was injected by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund.
– The Japanese company plans investment of $15 billion in NEOM and up to $10 billion in the Saudi Electricity Company, the national power distribution company of the Kingdom.
– According to Bloomberg’s sources, some of SoftBank’s portfolio companies will also open their offices in NEOM.
- ZoodPay acquires Pakistani consumer lending fintech Tez - May 23, 2022
- Colabs raises $3 million seed to make it easy for entrepreneurs and freelancers to build and grow businesses in Pakistan - March 30, 2022
- FlapKap – A fintech revolutionizing e-commerce and SAAS growth in MEA – Launches and completes $1.2 Million fundraise - March 23, 2022