Launched in 2015, Google’s Launchpad Accelerator is a six month acceleration program for growth-stage startups from emerging markets. When launched, it was open to few countries in Latin America and earlier this year expanded to 17 markets which included some countries from Asia & Africa. The program is now accepting applications from 20 more countries including Algeria, Egypt, Morocco & Tunisia.
Launchpad Accelerator is only for tech startups that are targeting their local markets and have proven a product-market fit (beyond ideation stage). So the applying startups need to have some traction.
Additionaly, Google also considers the following criteria when evaluating applications.
- The problem you are trying to solve. How does it create value for users? How are you addressing a real challenge for your home city, country or region?
- Does your management team have a leadership mindset and the drive to become an influencer?
- Will you share what you learn in Silicon Valley for the benefit of other startups in your local ecosystem?
- If you’re based outside of these countries, stay tuned, as we expect to add more countries to the program in the future.
Successful applicants will be offered with a two-week, all expenses paid bootcamp at Google HQ in San Francisco where they will be mentored by more than 20 different Google teams including their engineers, and experts from the top tech companies and VCs in the Silicon Valley.
The equity-program will also offer participants with extensive support for six months after they go back to their home country as they will continue to work closely with Google, receive credits for different Google products and have PR support from the tech giant.
Other new countries that Google has just added to the program include:
- Africa: Ghana, Tanzania & Uganda
- Asia: Bangladesh, Myanmar, Pakistan & Sri Lanka
- Europe: Estonia, Romania, Ukraine, Belarus & Russia
- Latin America: Costa Rica, Panama, Peru & Uruguay
Before the addition of these twenty countries, the program was only available to startups from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Philippines, Poland, South Africa, Thailand, and Vietnam.
The applications to Launchpad Accelerator are open now and the last date to apply for the program is October 2, 2017. You can apply here.
- Colabs raises $3 million seed to make it easy for entrepreneurs and freelancers to build and grow businesses in Pakistan - March 30, 2022
- FlapKap – A fintech revolutionizing e-commerce and SAAS growth in MEA – Launches and completes $1.2 Million fundraise - March 23, 2022
- Bazaar raises $70 million Series B led by Dragoneer and Tiger to build an OS for traditional retail in Pakistan - March 15, 2022