Interbrand, a brand consultancy with offices all around the world issues that publishes Best Global Brands report every year has released the 2017 edition of the report. Apple has been named the most valued brand followed by Google & Microsoft.
Apple has been holding the top spot for five consecutive years now. Its value grew by 3% to $184,154 million, Google’s brand value saw growth of 6% to reach $141,703 million. Microsoft is the only brand in top three to witness a double-digit growth of 10% to reach $79,999 million.
The rankings are based on the following three key components
- The financial performance of the branded products and services
- The role the brand plays in influencing customer choice
- The strength the brand has to command a premium price or secure earnings for the company
In terms of growth in brand value, Facebook leads the charts for second year with 48% of growth, followed by Amazon with 29% and Adobe 19%. There are total of 16 brands that achieved double-digit growth in 2017.
The report highlights the fact that top ten brands now hold 42% of the total value of Best Global Brands. Technology brands dominate the charts with total value worth $675 million followed by automotive industry and financial services.
The latest entrants to list include brands from media, technology and automotive sectors with brands like Netflix and Salesforce.com making their first-ever appearance.
Latest posts by Mohammed Salah (see all)
- Online dating giant Match Group acquires Egyptian dating startup Harmonica to expand into Muslim-majority markets - August 7, 2019
- 2017 Best Global Brands: Apple remains No.1; Facebook, Amazon & Adobe fastest growing brands - September 28, 2017
- 9 reasons why I am buying the new Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - August 25, 2017